Writing a thank you note to someone who has taken the time to write you a letter of recommendation can be a daunting task. You want to show your appreciation for the effort they put in, but you also want to make sure your words are sincere and well-crafted. Luckily, there are a few tips you can follow to make sure your thank you note is the perfect expression of gratitude. Whether you’re thanking a teacher, a mentor, or a colleague, it’s important to make sure your note is specific, thoughtful, and full of appreciation. With a little bit of effort, you can craft the perfect thank you note for a letter of recommendation.
What’s next: Thank You Notes For an Internship
Thank You Notes For Letter Of Recommendation
Creative Thank You Note
I just wanted to take a moment to express my sincerest gratitude for taking the time to write me a letter of recommendation. Your kind words and support mean more to me than you know.
I truly appreciate the time and effort you put into writing the letter, it was very thoughtful of you and it’s a great help for me in my future endeavors. Your recommendation carries a lot of weight and I am honored to have had you as a reference.
Your mentorship and guidance have been invaluable to me and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from you. I will always remember the lessons you taught me, and I will always be grateful for your support.
Thank you again for your generosity and for being such an important part of my journey.
Formal Thank You Note
I wanted to extend my sincerest appreciation for taking the time to write a letter of recommendation for me. Your support and kind words have been invaluable in my professional journey, and I am truly grateful for your recommendation.
Your time, effort and thoughtfulness in preparing the letter is greatly appreciated, and it has been an honor to have you as a reference. Your words carry great weight, and I am deeply honored to have had you vouch for me.
I am grateful for the guidance and mentorship you have provided me during my time working with you, and I will always remember the valuable lessons you have imparted to me.
Thank you again for your generosity, and for being such an important part of my professional development.
Funny Thank You Note
I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say a huge thank you for taking the time to write me a letter of recommendation. I know it’s not easy to write glowing things about someone, especially when that someone is me. So I really appreciate the effort.
I also wanted to thank you for not mentioning any of my embarrassing moments, my terrible fashion choices or my terrible jokes. You truly are a master of diplomacy.
But all jokes aside, I am truly grateful for your support and guidance. Your mentorship has been a valuable asset to my professional development and I couldn’t have done it without you.
Thanks again for your recommendation and for being such an important part of my journey.
More on qwardo
Thank You Messages For Letter Of Recommendation
- Your letter of recommendation was the cherry on top of my application sundae. Thank you for taking the time to write such thoughtful and kind words. Your support means the world to me.
- Thank you for taking the time to be my reference, your words of recommendation have opened many doors for me. I am forever grateful for your support and guidance.
- Thank you so much for taking the time to write me a letter of recommendation. Your kind words and support mean the world to me and I truly appreciate it.
- Thanks for putting your reputation on the line for me, I promise I won’t let you down. Or at least, I’ll try not to. Cheers!
- Thanks for not spilling the beans on all my secrets in that letter of recommendation, I owe you one…or five. Thanks for the support!
- Thanks for writing that amazing letter of recommendation! I can’t thank you enough for your kind words and support. It’s been a pleasure working with you and I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing letter. All the best!
- Your letter of recommendation was not just a formality, it was a testament of our professional relationship and the trust you had in me. Your kind words have meant the world to me, it is a true honor to have you on my side. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support and guidance.
- Thank you so much for taking the time to write me a letter of recommendation. Your kind words and support mean the world to me and I am so grateful for your help. Your recommendation carries so much weight and I cannot express my appreciation enough. Thank you!
- Thank you for taking the time to provide a letter of recommendation for me. Your support is greatly appreciated and I am grateful for your kind words.
- I wanted to thank you for your generous support in writing a letter of recommendation for me. Your words of encouragement mean a great deal and I am truly appreciative.
Why Writing a Thank You Note is Important
When someone goes out of their way to write you a letter of recommendation, they are putting a lot of effort into helping you. If you don’t show your appreciation with a thank you note, it’s easy to come off as ungrateful. In addition, many employers and schools will ask you to write a thank you note as part of the application process. If you don’t follow their instructions, you might miss out on an opportunity that could have been very helpful for you. A well-written thank you note is an excellent way to show that you’re grateful for the time and effort those individuals put into helping you build your future.
How to Show Your Appreciation
When writing a thank you note for a letter of recommendation, it’s important to let the person know how much their words mean to you. In addition, you want to let them know that you appreciate their time, effort, and insight. A general thank you note won’t cut it because the person knows their own worth. Here are a few tips to make sure your thank you note shows your appreciation. Tell the person how much their recommendation means to you. People don’t usually write letters of recommendation unless they truly believe in your potential. Let them know that you appreciate their support and insight. Explain how their recommendation will help you in the future. You want to show the person that they truly helped you. You can do this by explaining how their letter will help you get internships, jobs, or admission to a program that you want to attend. Express your gratitude for the person’s time and effort. Let them know that you know how much time and effort they spent writing your letter. This will make your note more sincere and personal.
Examples of Good Thank You Notes
There’s no one way to write a thank you note for a letter of recommendation, but there are some basic guidelines you can follow to make sure your note is perfect. Here are some examples of what makes a good thank you note. Your note should be short and sweet. Nobody wants to read a novel when they open a letter. Make sure your note is concise and easy to read. Your note should be personalized. Your note should be specific to the person who wrote your letter. Don’t just copy and paste a generic thank you note to everyone who wrote you a letter. Your note should be written on quality paper. Don’t write your thank you note on a torn piece of scrap paper. It’s important to show the person that you truly appreciate what they did for you. Your note should be written in pen. Never write a thank you note with a pencil.
Writing a thank you note for a letter of recommendation can be a daunting task, but it’s an important part of the application process. If you don’t follow up with a note, the person who wrote your letter might feel slighted. In addition, many employers and schools expect you to write a thank you note as part of the application process. If you don’t follow instructions, it could hurt your chances of getting hired or getting into the program of your choice. With a little bit of effort, you can craft the perfect thank you note for a letter of recommendation.