After an internship, you’re likely feeling a mix of emotions – excitement for what lies ahead and sadness for the end of a great experience. Showing your appreciation to those who helped you along the way is the perfect way to cap off your internship.
Writing a thank you note is a simple, but powerful way to express your gratitude for the invaluable lessons, connections, and experience you gained during your time. Here are six tips to keep in mind when writing the perfect thank you note after your internship and show your gratitude.
You may like: Thank You Notes For a Small Business
Thank You Notes For an Internship
Thank You Note –1
Dear [Internship Supervisor],
As my internship with [Company Name] comes to a close, I am filled with a mix of sadness to leave and excitement for what’s to come. I want to take a moment to express my heartfelt appreciation for the invaluable experience and knowledge I have gained during my time here.
From the very first day, I felt welcomed and supported by the entire team. The guidance and mentorship provided by you and my colleagues was truly invaluable, and I am so grateful for the opportunities to work on meaningful projects and gain hands-on experience in the field.
I also want to express my gratitude for the unique and dynamic company culture at [Company Name]. The open communication, team bonding activities, and fun work environment made the internship experience enjoyable, and I felt like I was part of a family here.
I will always look back on this internship with fondness, and I am confident that the skills and knowledge I have gained will serve me well in my future career. Thank you again for this incredible opportunity and for the lasting impact it has had on my professional growth.
Thank You Note -2
Dear [Internship Supervisor],
I am writing to express my deep appreciation for the valuable opportunity you have provided me as an intern at [Company Name]. The experience I gained and the knowledge I acquired during my tenure with your organization have been truly invaluable.
Throughout the course of my internship, I was given the opportunity to take on various projects, and was provided with the guidance and support necessary to make meaningful contributions to the team. The hands-on experience I received has been instrumental in developing my skills in [specific skills or areas of expertise], and I am confident that the lessons learned here will serve me well in my future endeavors.
I also want to thank you for the warm and professional work environment provided by the entire team at [Company Name]. The encouragement, feedback, and support of my colleagues were an important aspect of my internship experience and helped me to feel like an integral member of the team.
Thank you again for this excellent opportunity to gain professional experience with such a reputable company. I am honored to have had the chance to work with such a talented group of individuals and I look forward to keeping in touch.
Thank You Note –3
Dear [Internship Supervisor],
I just wanted to drop a quick note to say thank you for the most enlightening, educational, and entertaining internship of my life. I came in as a wide-eyed intern and am leaving as a wide-eyed intern with a lot more knowledge and a lot less hair.
I want to thank you for the opportunity to work on projects that were so out of my league, I felt like I was playing in the minor leagues. And for the chance to learn from the best in the business. I now know that the only difference between a coffee machine and a photocopier is that one makes a better cappuccino.
I also want to express my gratitude for the team bonding activities that made me realize that I have a unique talent of losing at ping pong, and the unique and fun company culture. I will treasure my memories of the photocopy room and the legendary coffee machine, and I promise not to tell anyone about the time I accidentally scheduled a meeting with myself.
In all seriousness, I had an amazing time at [Company Name] and I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow as a professional. I will keep in touch and hope to cross paths with the team again in the future.
More on qwardo
Thank You Notes For Boss For Gift
Thank You Notes for Award
Thank You Note For Daycare Teacher
Thank You Messages For an Internship
- From the bottom of my heart, thank you for the invaluable experience and knowledge gained during my internship at [Company Name]. I am grateful for the guidance, support, and opportunities provided by the team. This internship has been a dream come true, and I am excited to see where my career takes me next.
- Interning at [Company Name] was truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I am incredibly grateful for the hands-on experience, mentorship, and support provided by the team. I will always cherish the memories and skills gained during my time here. Thank you for this life-changing experience.
- Thank you so much for your time and dedication during your internship with us. You have been a tremendous asset to our team and have made a lasting impact on our organization. Your enthusiasm and hard work have been truly inspiring and we are so grateful for all that you have done. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
- Thanks for the sweet internship! I gained so much from it, from the busy days to the not so busy days. I’m now ready to take the world by storm!
- Thanks for the great internship! I learned a lot and had some laughs along the way. I feel like I’m ready to take on any challenge that comes my way. Thanks for having me!
- Interning at [Company Name] has been a blast, I’ve learned so much, like how to use the coffee machine, how to make my emails look presentable, and how to tell when the boss is in a bad mood. Thank you for the experience, the laughs and the free coffee. #InternshipMemories #CoffeeFueled
- As my internship at [Company Name] comes to an end, I am filled with mixed emotions. On one hand, I am sad to leave such a wonderful company and team, but on the other hand, I am excited for the future, knowing that I have gained an invaluable experience and knowledge through this opportunity. I am eternally grateful for the guidance, mentorship, and support provided by everyone at [Company Name], and I will carry these lessons with me for the rest of my life.
- My internship at [Company Name] has been a dream come true. The experience and knowledge I’ve gained here is truly priceless, and I am forever grateful for the opportunity. I want to thank the team for the guidance, mentorship, and support provided, and for making this internship one that I will always cherish. I am excited to see where my future takes me, and I know that my time at [Company Name] has prepared me for success.
- I would like to express my sincerest gratitude for the opportunity to intern with [company name]. This experience was invaluable and I am so appreciative of the guidance and support that I received from you and the entire team. I am incredibly grateful for this experience and the knowledge it has given me.
- I am writing to thank you for the wonderful opportunity to intern with [company name]. This experience was incredibly valuable and I am thankful for the skills and knowledge that I learned during my time here. I am grateful for the support and guidance I received from you and the entire team.
Why a thank you note is important
Your internship is a unique and valuable experience, and you can use your thank you note to really emphasize that. One of the best ways to do so is by making sure your mentor and managers know how thankful you are and why you’re thankful. Your gratitude will also help you remember and appreciate the experience even more as time goes on.
And keep in mind that writing a thank you note is not just about you and your feelings. It’s also about your potential employer finding out how grateful you are for your internship and how much you’d like to work for the company. If you leave your internship without thanking your supervisor and others who helped you, you might be missing out on a key advantage that could boost your resume.
When to send your thank you note
Depending on your internship, you’ll likely want to send out your thank you note at different times, but there are a few general rules of thumb to keep in mind. You’ll want to send your initial thank you note within a week or two of completing your internship.
This thank you note should express gratitude for the experience and any meaningful lessons you learned. If you’re finishing your internship in summer and internships typically end in December, you’ll want to send a second thank you note within the first week or two of January. This thank you note should thank your mentor and manager again for the experience and any important connections you made.
Examples of thank you notes
Here are a few examples of effective thank you notes:
If your internship was more focused on improving specific skills, then your thank you note can express your gratitude for the opportunity to hone those particular skills.
However, if your internship was more focused on gaining experience in a particular industry, emphasize that in your thank you note.
If your internship was focused on helping a team, then thank your supervisor for the opportunity to get to know your colleagues and contribute to the team.
If your internship was more focused on one-on-one work with a particular person, then express your gratitude for the opportunity to work with that person.
If your internship was more focused on making connections in the industry, you can thank your supervisor for the connections you made and lessons you learned from them.
If your internship was more focused on getting hands-on experience with specific tasks, you can thank your supervisor and colleagues for the hands-on experience.
The end of your internship is a great time to show your gratitude. Make sure your supervisor and others who helped you during your time there know how thankful you are for their guidance and the opportunity. Writing a thank you note is a great way to express your gratitude, and it can also help you stand out as a potential employee for future job opportunities.
When writing your thank you note, make sure to emphasize how grateful you are for the experience and any meaningful lessons you learned. With these six tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to writing the perfect thank you note after your internship.